Why Did I Start Blogging

Greetings to all of you. May you have a nice day ahead. To a lot of people, I think this may sound like some-not-all that much questio...


Greetings to all of you. May you have a nice day ahead. To a lot of people, I think this may sound like some-not-all that much question, but I guess people actually start blogging because they wanted to do it, right? Maybe for some people, there is a little bit more just behind the curtains about what they actually drove them to start blogging.

Now down to memory lane

I have actually started blogging since 2012, and I was a 14 year old girl that was curious about what actually blogging would be like, so I started one. Over the first few months, it was quite hard for me to adapt into this kind of thing because I do not really know how to make it work. But with perseverance and efforts, I have finally found a way on how I am gonna make this work. So, I started writing some posts that was all about my daily life. Almost everyday, no - to be precise, I would write a new post daily that consisting about my everyday life. I had this tiny thought that blogging would be some kind of my new online journal because I am not the kind of person to write into a journal/diary with my ugly handwriting. 

My first blog was established on 2012 and I gained some followers although my blog wasnt seem to be that worth to follow of, but I was really grateful and content that some people would be willing to read about my daily rants there. I was on a long-hiatus for two years because of personal reasons for two years, and then I realized that my passion to write and blogging has been going downhill ever since, and I had no intentions to continue it either so I decided to take a break from all of these for a while. I have been so focused to my life that sometimes, there would the time that I really miss blogging. 

You know, my mind is always full of unsaid thoughts and I need a way to vent it out. I remember, sometimes after a big fight with my siblings, instead of talking to them to find a way to reconcile, I would lock myself and write something on a scrap of white paper and venting out my thoughts out there. And now, here I am. Sometimes I really need that ‘me’ time to write my thoughts down, and it really helps me to get going. When I started writing about my thoughts, I started thinking about who I am and how my life will be about. This kind of thing helps me grow to be a better person. 

When I usually tell people that I have a blog, sometimes I will get questions like  “why did you start blogging?” I guess blogging is a unique thing to do. I blog to share my passions and interests. I share and write about the things that I feel passionate about, that I think are worth sharing and that I hope you will find interesting too, hopefully.

And that brings me here. So, I started afresh and made a different blog and this is it. Albeit most posts are me drifting on about anything and mostly contains my rants. In any case, to me, it is a place where I express about my thoughts, interests, and inspirations. For the time being, having a fully-owned domain is not on my target list, and I still have a lot of things that I need to work for in order to make my blog better.

Looking back a few years ago from who I was, I have grown up to be a better version of myself. Blogging is an evolving process for me. I am still learning and have a long way to go. Blogging is my passion at present, and a really valuable place where I can express myself better. I know that I will achieve anything I set my mind to with hard work and perseverance. I will be always looking to the future and pretty excited about what will be awaiting for me. So people, do your own thing that you are passionate about, you will never regret it. 



With love, Syafika

0 Comments