Know Your Self-Worth

Greetings to all of you and may you have a nice day ahead. Here is to an open letter to myself. Lately, I have been drowning myself in t...


Greetings to all of you and may you have a nice day ahead. Here is to an open letter to myself. Lately, I have been drowning myself in thoughts, loads of things that I want to vent it out but sometimes I keep myself shut. Sometimes when I am talking to my friends, I realize that I always let myself down. This made me question how much importance we hold in the way we view one another. Sometimes, being a social butterfly drains my energy out, but being an introvert-mysterious person would let people start talking about me.

But why I feel that burdens me so much?

Dear myself, I hope you will not let anyone convince you that you cannot do better, letting yourself down and tell that you do not deserve more because I know you do. You deserve someone who makes you see the best parts of yourself, who loves being around you, the person who bring out yourself the most and love yourself just the way you are. The person who makes you think that you are wonderful and makes your believe in yourself.

You know,  the world does not revolve by everyone have to “follow your dreams” by instant from the beginning. Some people have to start at the bottom, and work their way up. I encourage you to follow your dreams, just understand that it may take longer when you are working your way up the ladder. But just remember, it will be that much more meaningful when you reach your destination that you desired. It may seems hard for now, but you will get through it.

Yes, it is important to work hard and give your best efforts. But lets face it, some people are smarter than others, they are just born with it and that is alright. Sometimes, you have to work a little harder to get where you want to go, and that is fine. A path with no obstacles would not lead you anywhere worth going. Your worth are not represented by grades or academics, you have to know that. Your worth is not represented by your mistakes. You are a human being, and humans make mistakes. That is the beauty of being imperfect. Do not ever let your mistakes define who you are. 

Society's standard really set us up high, with fame and beauty and to look pleasant, beautiful just to please their eyes. We see the pretty models on the magazine covers and that is beauty. Your worth is not represented by your insecurities about yourself. But, that is just how the entertainment world works and you  should not letting yourself reaching their standards, instead you should own ones. Everyone had a few insecurities that they wish to hide it, but that is what makes yourself different than the rest. This may sounds cliche, but we are all beautifully different in our own ways.  

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" - Dr Seuss

You know, I hope the time comes when you are finally able to see the kind of love that you deserve, and you are worth it that you ever know. And I hope that time comes soon, because it is really tiresome when people tell that you are not good enough, letting you feel bad about yourself and I know I should put a note to that.


With love, Syafika

4 Comments

  1. i really love your entries ! all of them had their own stories and message that you wanted to tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♡ I need a way to vent out my thoughts and this it, I hope that this could inspire people

      Delete
  2. good entry, spread more positive vibes :D
    follow here :D

    ReplyDelete