Homebody

Greetings to all of you. May you have a nice day ahead. Now, such an interesting topic that I am gonna vent out here all there. What is ...


Greetings to all of you. May you have a nice day ahead. Now, such an interesting topic that I am gonna vent out here all there. What is homebody? Homebody means a person who prefers and pleasures activities that center around the home. In other words, someone who likes to stay at home rather than go out to have some fun. Why this thing intrigued me? Well, I am a homebody person. Most of my days are consist of me staying at my dorm/home, it is not like that I do not want to go out to breathe fresh air, I did that regularly, but I do enjoy staying at my room/home and I feel better. 

A homebody is not the person who hates socializing but the one who is selective in their schedule and values their time more by being alone or stay at home

I prefer staying home because I can do lots of things. Sure, I can enjoy an occasional night out, but I would much rather crawl into my favorite sweats, cuddle up to my beloved bed and watch a movie, any night of the week. There was once a point in all of our lives when the idea of staying home on weekend nights seemed out of the question. 

I did not feel like missing out, though. But, the amount of social pain I once felt if I missed a gathering could almost bring me to tears back in the day. Would people notice if I was not there? Those were just a few of the questions I considered. I stopped caring about how many pictures I could take to fill in the Instagram stories. Thats when my friends started teasing me, saying, "You never go out anymore," or "You have got no jams" like Namjoon said to Jimin.

There is always going to be an event somewhere, especially in university. There are those people in life who love going to all of the events, there are those who will occasionally go out and then there are people like me. The ones who would much rather stay home on the couch in sweatpants and a sweatshirt over going out. 

There are plenty of other exciting things life has to offer outside of hanging out on the weekends. No, it does not make me or anyone else boring for passing that up. But thought like this "You need to go out and meet some new people, get engaging in the conversation and expand your horizon, you might need it in the future" sure, sometimes I would meet interesting people, but rarely. Most of the time it was the same. The conversations you have with people who love you are more meaningful and wise for me. I just wish I realized it sooner.

People often ask me, "Does not it bother you to be home alone while everyone else is out?" My answer now would be something like, "No, absolutely not" I cherish my alone time, I do. Being alone is one of the most beautiful things you can give yourself, you can do anything you want on your terms. Being a homebody means you are comfortable enough being alone that you consistently seek it out just to get some quality time with your favorite person, yourself.

So, during my first semester of my freshman year, I kind of tried to hide my love of being a homebody by going out in the beginning of the year and going out like anyone else would. But after going out only a few times, I realized that doing this and going out just was not me and I was not ever enjoying myself, even with all of my friends surrounding me. So I slowly began to decline going out and I would stay in my dorm room where I felt "at home" and more myself. But my friends, luckily, seem to understand this preferences that I chose and I am thankful for them. I am still hanging out with them, occasionally.

It just a lifestyle that I happen to enjoy quite a lot. I have come to realize that it is completely OK to be a homebody, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I would stay at home cuddled up on the couch watching movies and listening to some songs while my friends were out with a bunch of people. And that is just how I liked it. People are different. Finding comfort in being alone is something that takes time, but happens for everyone at different stages. 

The truth is they are not anti-social. They just have different priorities and preferences.


With love, Syafika

6 Comments

  1. I'm just like you , i love being 24/7 in my room and I'm rarely going out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been like this since I was young, and this is how I like it but people like us always got misunderstood as someone who is "anti-social" which is I dont think thats applies to me though, but thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. I have always been a homebody since forever and my friends thought it was depressing, honestly never once did I thought staying home and not going out is depressing. I love enjoying my time alone because once I was out, I felt tired. We got misunderstood sometimes but what matters the most is that we enjoyed our time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! I do enjoy my alone time for the foremost time, I felt like my energy drained out whenever I am in the crowded places and packed with lots of people, but people like us always got misunderstood as someone who doesnt like going out, but all in all thank you for reading and giving your thoughts!

      Delete
  3. I really love your writing :) Look forward to manyyyy of your future writings :) Do followback

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and I have been following your blog for a while, I love your posts too!

      Delete